Microsoft, a tech giant, which is a brainchild of billionaire Bill Gates, launched Microsoft Office in 1989. A year later, in 1990, it was developed for Windows for the very first time. It has now become widely acclaimed as it has always been an easy-to-use setup. Microsoft Office has got an intuitive user interface which contains an array of excellent applications and services.
Office setup helps users on a global platform to perform different tasks even more efficiently. Microsoft Office has been the second most popular Microsoft product after Windows. Now it has become the most famous and trustable productivity suite across the globe.
With the help of Microsoft Office suite, many tasks can easily be performed such as automating the calculations, creating or editing text documents on Excel, Making interactive slideshows and collaborating to work together with colleagues on PowerPoint, Video conferencing on Skype, and taking digital notes on OneNote. Thus, it is easy to set up any of the versions of Microsoft Office. All you need is just to visit www.office.com/setup.
How to Uninstall Office Setup
There are chances that multiple versions of Microsoft Office would be installed on your device. We always recommend uninstalling the old versions of Office and removing the conflicting software. To do so, follow the steps as mentioned below:
- First of all, open the “Start” and go to the “Control Panel.”
- Tap the Programs and go to the link called “Uninstall a Program.”
- Here, in the window of “Programs and Features,” you need to choose the Microsoft Office program you want to remove.
- After that, right click on the MS Office program.
- Now, simply tap on the “Uninstall” button.
- Then wait patiently until the uninstallation process gets over.
- At last, tap on the “Close” button when the process is complete.
- And now, reboot the computer system.
Office Product Key
- The Office product key is the combination of 25 letters and numbers. These keys come along with the Office product you buy. (For example – XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX)
How to Download Office Setup from office.com/setup
Microsoft Office can be downloaded through Online and Offline modes. Follow the easy steps as given below to download Office setup using any on the two methods:
Downloading Office Setup Online
- From your web browser, go to office.com/setup to log in with your Microsoft account.
- Then enter the Login details such as E-mail address and password associated with your account.
- Here, you will be asked to enter the Office product key.
- Then, type in the product key and press enter.
- Note: If you are a new user, tapping on “Create a new Account button” will get you a new Microsoft account to log in.
- After that, from the given list of all Office subscriptions, you need to choose an appropriate subscription according to your need.
- Finally, just tap on the Download button to start the downloading procedure.
Downloading Office Setup Offline
- Go to any of the near retail shops where Office Setup can be purchased.
- Select your Office suite and buy the product.
- After making the payments, you have to open the purchased box of the Office product.
- Insert the CD in the CD or DVD drive of your computer system.
- Now, you just need to follow some of the on-screen prompts to download your Office setup.
Important note: When purchasing the Office suite online, you will be sent a Microsoft Office product key (25 digits activation key code) to your registered E-mail address. Note that this product key is required at the time of product activation. When purchasing the Office Setup Offline, you will get its product key in the box of your Office suite along with the setup CD. Keep the product key and Office product box safe.
How to Install Office Setup
Installing Office is a very essential yet straightforward procedure that varies depending on the operating systems. Basically, there are two most used operating systems – Windows OS & Mac OS. Thus, follow the simple steps as mentioned below to install Office on both of the operating systems:
Installing Office Setup on Windows OS
- First of all, you need to go to the default downloads folder of your device.
- Then double tap on the downloaded Office setup file to launch it.
- After launching the downloaded file, tap ‘Yes’ in the prompt which appears on the screen.
- Now, may then have to wait until the installation process is complete; usually from 5 to 10 minutes.
- As soon as the installation process finishes, tap on the Close button and restart your device.
Installing Office Setup on Mac OS
- Firstly, you need to go to the Finder on the Dock of your Mac.
- Then find the downloaded Office setup file.
- After finding the downloaded file, you need to double tap it.
- Then again, double tap on the Continue button.
- After that, tap the Agree button after going through the program’s terms and conditions.
- And again, tap again on the Continue button.
- Now you need to tap Install.
- And enter the password for your Mac if required.
- Finally, click on the Close button as the installation process is completed.
How to Activate Office Setup
Activation is a crucial part of the entire process. You need to make sure you perform it in a right way. Just follow the steps as given below to activate Office Setup:
- To activate your Office suite, go to office.com/setup or tap on the installed Office application such as Excel, Word, etc.
- Then the Office Activation Wizard window will prompt on the screen of your device.
- After that, you will need to enter the 25 digits activation key code and press the Enter.
- In the end, you just have to follow several on-screen instructions for finally activating your Microsoft Office product.